May 9th Victory Day
“V Day”, or “Victory Day” is a very important day of remembrance of those who fought the Second World War. It commemorates the surrender day of the armed forces of Nazi Germany on May 9, 1945. That victory also became possible thanks to Jews who fought in the Soviet army.
Just one day before the war between Hamas and Israel broke out, our ministry “City Of Life” wanted to honor these veteran war heroes who are still alive by holding a special celebration with dinner, music and dancing included in an amazing reception hall.
Tears of joy and happiness flowed from the faces of these brave old men as they recalled their amazing feats from those times and nostalgically mentioned those who fell during the impressive confrontations with the Nazi army.
At the end of the evening, these elderly people returned to their homes with a smile on their faces, feeling proud and knowing that they are loved and respected by society after all that they have had to live.
We invite you to be part of a project like these and together we impact the lives of the population of our region in Israel.
We invite you to be part of our ministry so that together we can bring hope to our border town of Sderot.
Our work would not be possible without the help of partners like you, that is why we ask you to consider in prayer the possibility of a monthly commitment that will allow us to continue with the Lord’s work here in Israel.
Michael & Dina Beener
“City of Life”
Social Outreach Center and Messianic congregation
- Special Rosh Hashana Food DistributionAs we had already anticipated, our messianic congregation and social help center “City Of Life” has begun the large distribution of food baskets for the most needy of our region on […]
- Essential Help For The NeedyIn “City Of Life” we do not stop emphasizing the importance of this project, which brings relief to so many families in our city by supplying one of their most expensive […]
- Hope for Children With Special NeedsWithout any doubt, the insecurity experienced by the inhabitants of Sderot and the entire region bordering Gaza, where extremist terrorism by the Hamas organization abounds, drastically affects us by creating all […]
- Happy Kids Go Back To School With Brand New BackpacksBefore school classes resumed this month, in our “City Of Life” ministry we could feel the concern of Sderot parents increase, especially the neediest families in the city who were wondering […]
- Kick-starting our Clothing Project with a new Container-roomAs we have been sharing with you before, our ministry “City Of Life” was in the need to create more space in our distribution center to carry out the much demanded […]
- Helping The Elderly To Walk AgainOur messianic congregation and aid center “City Of Life” is in constant contact with those most in need in the city of Sderot, and the Gaza terrorism border region, with the […]
- Post War Well Deserved Rest For The SoulAfter the last war we experienced in Israel where the Islamic terrorism of Hamas fired from the Gaza Strip more than 4200 missiles on the cities of Israel with the aim […]
- Post War Major Food DistributionThe last war with Hamas in which more than 4,300 missiles were fired at the civilian population of Israel, many of them managing to evade the anti-missile system “iron dome”, caused […]
- Spreading the Gospel TourWith the desire to bring hope to the people of Israel, our ministry “City Of Life” has organized an amazing Bible tour for non-believers in which we visited different places where […]