Improving Sleep At Night For Those In Need
In our ministry “City Of Life” we are constantly attentive to the needs of the poor inhabitants of our city Sderot and the region who suffer the consequences of living on the border with the terrorism of Gaza that affects both mental health and the economy of these families who struggle to get ahead in life under these circumstances.
In our continuous visits and talks with the most hopeless, we realized that among their needs, many were not able to rest at night because, in addition to the fears and worries they experience, they also do not have the appropriate comfort to rest as necessary, many having to than sleeping in old beds with leaky mattresses that cause back pain in the morning, not being able to afford the purchase of new ones.
In our eagerness to help the needy, in our Social Outreach Center we decided to support these families in a large distribution of good and firm mattresses that bring relief and rest to these people and they can finally enjoy relaxation at night in their homes.
Our team toured the city, distributing mattresses in their homes and encouraging dozens of families to move forward, who received our gift with joy in their hearts and expressed their gratitude for knowing that they can always count on our help.
In the following days we have been receiving calls and messages, and we are happy to hear that these families were finally able to have a “good night” and feel appreciated and contained in the midst of these difficult times that we face in Israel.
If it is your desire to reach out to those in need with the love of the father and touch their lives with the light of the Messiah, you can join us in our task of bringing comfort and hope in the midst of chaos.
We invite you to be part of our ministry so that together we can bring hope to our border town of Sderot.
Our work would not be possible without the help of partners like you, that is why we ask you to consider in prayer the possibility of a monthly commitment that will allow us to continue with the Lord’s work here in Israel.
Michael & Dina Beener
“City of Life”
Social Outreach Center and Messianic congregation
- Poor Families Will Not Be Cold This WinterAlthough it is true that Israel is a country with quite warm temperatures during most of the year, during winter temperatures can drop quite a bit, especially in non-coastal cities near […]
- Hanukkah Provision For Low-income FamiliesDuring the harsh winter that we’re experiencing this year where many people are unemployed and without hope of finding new job opportunities, we in “City Of Life” have not stopped our […]
- Hanukkah Celebration For ChildrenHanukah is a special holiday, especially for children who anxiously await the lighting of each of the candles of the “Hanukaiyah” the 8-arm candle holder, and enjoy receiving presents during the […]
- Impacting Our Region With LoveDid you know that visiting the famous Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty is possible in Israel? These are in the town of Netivot, a few kilometers from Sderot and […]
- Healing The SoulIn the last war in which the terrorist organization Hamas fired more than 3,000 missiles against Israel in one of the toughest conflicts we had to face in recent years, terrible […]
- Challenging Times For Sderot FamiliesLiving in our border city Sderot is a challenge for many families who develop trauma and psychological problems due to the constant terrorist attacks perpetrated from Gaza, sirens that alert the […]
- Essential Need Rarely Taken Into AccountWhen talking about basic needs, a product as necessary for both babies and the elderly as disposable diapers is seldom taken into account. Without them it would be impossible to carry […]
- Improving Sleep At Night For Those In NeedIn our ministry “City Of Life” we are constantly attentive to the needs of the poor inhabitants of our city Sderot and the region who suffer the consequences of living on […]
- Finally Coming Back HomeJews have lived in Ethiopia for over 2000 years. According to Ethiopian tradition, one-half of the population was Jewish before the 4th century. The Jews maintained their independence for over 1000 […]