Happy Kids Go Back To School With Brand New Backpacks
Before school classes resumed this month, in our “City Of Life” ministry we could feel the concern of Sderot parents increase, especially the neediest families in the city who were wondering if they will be able to provide everything they need so that their children can return to school in a satisfactory way.
For this reason, in our “Back to School” project we have provided the most disadvantaged children in the region with one of the most difficult items for parents to pay for, backpacks, which must be of a good quality material to withstand the transport of books and school supplies, also included in our gift set.
A lot of children enthusiastically received their new backpack and school supplies from our team, with much anticipation and excitement for the return to school, which will allow them to meet their friends again, learn together and be distracted despite the hostile environment of terrorism that exists in our border town of Sderot.
Very happy parents showed us their gratitude to us for the love and care confessing that it would have been impossible for them to buy these backpacks and school supplies for their children, so they greatly appreciate our gift.
Even before the pandemic, Sderot’s children were still the most vulnerable due to the difficult conflict and terrorist threats they face on a daily basis and according to studies it is estimated that seventy percent of Sderot’s children suffer from PTSD.
We invite you to be part of our ministry so that together we can bring hope to our border town of Sderot.
Our work would not be possible without the help of partners like you, that is why we ask you to consider in prayer the possibility of a monthly commitment that will allow us to continue with the Lord’s work here in Israel.
Michael & Dina Beener
“City of Life”
Social Outreach Center and Messianic congregation
- Impacting Our Region With LoveDid you know that visiting the famous Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty is possible in Israel? These are in the town of Netivot, a few kilometers from Sderot and […]
- Healing The SoulIn the last war in which the terrorist organization Hamas fired more than 3,000 missiles against Israel in one of the toughest conflicts we had to face in recent years, terrible […]
- Challenging Times For Sderot FamiliesLiving in our border city Sderot is a challenge for many families who develop trauma and psychological problems due to the constant terrorist attacks perpetrated from Gaza, sirens that alert the […]
- Essential Need Rarely Taken Into AccountWhen talking about basic needs, a product as necessary for both babies and the elderly as disposable diapers is seldom taken into account. Without them it would be impossible to carry […]
- Improving Sleep At Night For Those In NeedIn our ministry “City Of Life” we are constantly attentive to the needs of the poor inhabitants of our city Sderot and the region who suffer the consequences of living on […]
- Finally Coming Back HomeJews have lived in Ethiopia for over 2000 years. According to Ethiopian tradition, one-half of the population was Jewish before the 4th century. The Jews maintained their independence for over 1000 […]
- Life Changing Biblical TourWith the desire to spread the gospel bringing the hope of salvation to the distressed and traumatized inhabitants of our region, our ministry “City Of Life” has once again organized an […]
- Blessing Door To DoorThe High biblical festivities that mark the beginning of fall are about to come to an end after Sukot, the “Feast Of Tabernacles” ends next week and as we had already […]
- Special Rosh Hashana Food DistributionAs we had already anticipated, our messianic congregation and social help center “City Of Life” has begun the large distribution of food baskets for the most needy of our region on […]