Hanukkah Provision For Low-income Families
During the harsh winter that we’re experiencing this year where many people are unemployed and without hope of finding new job opportunities, we in “City Of Life” have not stopped our distribution of food baskets that bless so many families who depend on our help, giving them peace knowing that by no chance no one in Sderot will go hungry.
Feeding the poor is one of the most important tasks of our ministry which we take very seriously, knowing that we were called to be a blessing to so many people.
While around the world people were getting ready to celebrate the Hannukah and Christmas holidays, our team worked non-stop to distribute our special “Hanukkah food baskets” both in our center and in the homes of those most in need as well as toilet paper, a basic necessity (and quite expensive in Israel).
The families were very happy to receive this blessing from heaven’s provision for the Hanukkah celebration, and to know that even in times of a pandemic and terror we are willing to help them as many of them struggle to pay for basic needs, and many parents are unable to meet the needs of their children.
However, many other families are still waiting for our help in these difficult times that we are living, especially in Sderot where the threat of Islamic terrorism does not stop even in days of pandemic.
You can join us in our goal to reach more families in our city to provide them with the indispensable help and relief they need.
We invite you to be part of our ministry so that together we can bring hope to our border town of Sderot.
Our work would not be possible without the help of partners like you, that is why we ask you to consider in prayer the possibility of a monthly commitment that will allow us to continue with the Lord’s work here in Israel.
Michael & Dina Beener
“City of Life”
Social Outreach Center and Messianic congregation
- Poor Families Will Not Be Cold This WinterAlthough it is true that Israel is a country with quite warm temperatures during most of the year, during winter temperatures can drop quite a bit, especially in non-coastal cities near […]
- Hanukkah Provision For Low-income FamiliesDuring the harsh winter that we’re experiencing this year where many people are unemployed and without hope of finding new job opportunities, we in “City Of Life” have not stopped our […]
- Hanukkah Celebration For ChildrenHanukah is a special holiday, especially for children who anxiously await the lighting of each of the candles of the “Hanukaiyah” the 8-arm candle holder, and enjoy receiving presents during the […]
- Impacting Our Region With LoveDid you know that visiting the famous Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty is possible in Israel? These are in the town of Netivot, a few kilometers from Sderot and […]
- Healing The SoulIn the last war in which the terrorist organization Hamas fired more than 3,000 missiles against Israel in one of the toughest conflicts we had to face in recent years, terrible […]
- Challenging Times For Sderot FamiliesLiving in our border city Sderot is a challenge for many families who develop trauma and psychological problems due to the constant terrorist attacks perpetrated from Gaza, sirens that alert the […]
- Essential Need Rarely Taken Into AccountWhen talking about basic needs, a product as necessary for both babies and the elderly as disposable diapers is seldom taken into account. Without them it would be impossible to carry […]
- Improving Sleep At Night For Those In NeedIn our ministry “City Of Life” we are constantly attentive to the needs of the poor inhabitants of our city Sderot and the region who suffer the consequences of living on […]
- Finally Coming Back HomeJews have lived in Ethiopia for over 2000 years. According to Ethiopian tradition, one-half of the population was Jewish before the 4th century. The Jews maintained their independence for over 1000 […]