Finally Coming Back Home
Jews have lived in Ethiopia for over 2000 years. According to Ethiopian tradition, one-half of the population was Jewish before the 4th century. The Jews maintained their independence for over 1000 years in spite of continuous massacres, religious persecution, enslavement, and forced conversions.
Today Jews number only 25,000, known as “Falashas” – a derogatory name meaning “stranger” or “exile” – Ethiopian Jews could no longer own land or be educated.
For this reason, these long-suffering Jews look forward to “returning” to the land of their ancestors, Israel, which constitutes a long and difficult process in which they must face a new beginning with practically nothing, only with limited help from the government that struggles to meet their needs while establishing adaptation and job placement programs.
After the COVID-19 pandemic, the government confirmed the arrival of 2,000 new immigrants from Ethiopia in the coming months, many of whom will arrive in our region, Sderot and other cities on the border with Gaza, escaping the current conflict that lives in Ethiopia and after going through terrible experiences of violence, discrimination and mistreatment, so our help to these disadvantaged immigrants is essential so that they can begin this new season of their lives and feel welcome in the Holy Land, the land of their parents.
Our “City Of Life” team carries out an important project to help Ethiopian immigrants in different communities, bringing them relief and consolation in the face of the difficult situation they face in their new home, making them feel loved and accepted.
From food baskets, clothing and even help for the little ones, our intention is to reflect the love of the Father at all times by providing them with their basic needs and smiling back to so many hopeless families.
Especially in these last seasons of Biblical Holidays our team has been giving special support to these Ethiopian Jews and we remain in full contact with them to be aware of their daily needs.
If you wish to bring relief and hope to these families of Ethiopian Jews who can finally make Israel their home, you can join us and reach out to these families impacting their lives together.
We invite you to be part of our ministry so that together we can bring hope to our border town of Sderot.
Our work would not be possible without the help of partners like you, that is why we ask you to consider in prayer the possibility of a monthly commitment that will allow us to continue with the Lord’s work here in Israel.
Michael & Dina Beener
“City of Life”
Social Outreach Center and Messianic congregation
- Impacting Our Region With LoveDid you know that visiting the famous Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty is possible in Israel? These are in the town of Netivot, a few kilometers from Sderot and […]
- Healing The SoulIn the last war in which the terrorist organization Hamas fired more than 3,000 missiles against Israel in one of the toughest conflicts we had to face in recent years, terrible […]
- Challenging Times For Sderot FamiliesLiving in our border city Sderot is a challenge for many families who develop trauma and psychological problems due to the constant terrorist attacks perpetrated from Gaza, sirens that alert the […]
- Essential Need Rarely Taken Into AccountWhen talking about basic needs, a product as necessary for both babies and the elderly as disposable diapers is seldom taken into account. Without them it would be impossible to carry […]
- Improving Sleep At Night For Those In NeedIn our ministry “City Of Life” we are constantly attentive to the needs of the poor inhabitants of our city Sderot and the region who suffer the consequences of living on […]
- Finally Coming Back HomeJews have lived in Ethiopia for over 2000 years. According to Ethiopian tradition, one-half of the population was Jewish before the 4th century. The Jews maintained their independence for over 1000 […]
- Life Changing Biblical TourWith the desire to spread the gospel bringing the hope of salvation to the distressed and traumatized inhabitants of our region, our ministry “City Of Life” has once again organized an […]
- Blessing Door To DoorThe High biblical festivities that mark the beginning of fall are about to come to an end after Sukot, the “Feast Of Tabernacles” ends next week and as we had already […]
- Special Rosh Hashana Food DistributionAs we had already anticipated, our messianic congregation and social help center “City Of Life” has begun the large distribution of food baskets for the most needy of our region on […]